Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pollo al Verdeo or Chicken in a scallion creamy sauce (Argentina)

I  had never heard of this recipe before but according to some websites, it is from Argentina. I read many recipes of the same dish which were basically the same thing with a couple of changes and I made my own version. I stayed pretty true to what it really is.

My family loved it; my little boy said I  should definitively do it again.





4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 whole chicken breasts)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt and Freshly ground black pepper

2 garlic cloves, chopped
6 green onions or scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup whipping creamy
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
Fresh parsley, chopped

In a big skillet heat up the butter and oil until hot. Add the chicken breasts and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat on both sides just to brown and remove from the skillet.

Add the garlic and green onions to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes being careful not to burn the garlic. Stir in the white wine and reduce to half the amount.

Cut the chicken breasts into slices. Add them to the skillet along with the cream and chicken broth in which the cornstarch has been dissolved. Cook covered on  low heat stirring now and then to avoid lumps. Cook for 5-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken slices.

Sprinkle with some chopped parsley.

Makes 5-6 servings



No comments:

Post a Comment